April 8th, 2020
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Safety has been our number one priority; for our valued clients, volunteer drivers and our dedicated staff members. During times like this, we remain on high alert to ensure that our high standards are met.
We value being as transparent as possible to ensure that you can trust that the meals you or your loved ones are receiving pose minimal risk. We would like to publicly share the work we are doing behind the scenes to ensure everyone’s safety during this health crisis.
Here are procedures we are following:
- Meals on Wheels Kitchen (880 Hanwell) is on complete Lock Down. Only Essential Staff are being permitted inside. Upon entering, staff are asked screening questions, similar to other healthcare organizations at this time. Our office hours may vary as administrative team members are working from the safety of their homes.
- A thorough list of sanitation and cleaning procedures has been posted and distributed. Our dedicated staff are working to ensure our facility stays as safe as possible.
- We have enforced the 6-foot rule in our facility, as well as when we are passing delivery bags to our volunteers. Tables have been set up outside to limit contact between staff and volunteers.
- Volunteers and clients have been asked to participate in a reduced human contact delivery of meals. Clients have placed baskets outside their doors for volunteers to leave their meal in. Volunteers can still complete the safety check by knocking on the door, stepping back and conversing with the client from a safe distance.
- Glove usage, proper hand washing and hand sanitizer are used as frequently as possible, as well as in between delivering meals to our clients.
We understand that these are trying times, but we know that together we can make it through.
If you or your loved ones have any further questions, comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our office number is 506-458-9482.
From our Staff and Board of Directors, we send well wishes for your health and safety during this health crisis.